I’m Traci Lovelot, a paranormal romance / reverse harem author, and I’m looking for part-time contract workers based OUTSIDE the USA to work a few hours per week.
At this stage in my career, I haven’t created well defined roles, so if you have a mishmash of various tasks you can assist me with, feel free to mention that in the application. I’m looking for people who are self-motivated and interested in my projects more than anything else!
Contents of this page
- Why you’d want to work with me
- Tasks (weekly, monthly, infrequent)
- Important Notes
- Timing (application open through Nov 2021, trial period in Dec 2021)
Why work with me
Stability: I can offer you 5 to 15 hours per week for the next YEAR if we work well together
Planning: I’ve got book releases and a content calendar stretching into 2023…
Well-organized: Of course, your brain may not work like mine, but at least there’s a strategy in place!
Calendar-oriented: You’ll never have to guess at my priorities or when I need things done
Not a diva: I don’t need you to kiss the ground I walk on, just haaaalp!
Low drama: Don’t start none & there won’t be none
Good communicator: I can articulate what I need and how I’ve done it
Open-minded: I’m always trying to improve… It’s part of being an indie author
Thick-skinned: I read my one-star reviews without crying… ? So yeah, I can handle a critique as long as you’re not an ass about it
Partner in crime: With the right person or people, we’ll work together more like a team
Emoji fan: You’ll usually know my mood based on my insane emoji usage 😘
As our relationship evolves, I hope to publish faster by offloading more tasks to you, giving you even more stability with a long-term client!
Don’t let this list scare you off! Be honest about what you can and can’t do, or what you specialize in. I can accept multiple applications and you can grow into your role with training.
In an ideal world, here’s what you’d be able to help with (acronyms below):
3h/w Daily posts to social media (FB groups, Instagram, etc.) as groups allow
- Share BF & SO group promos I’m part of
- Create and monitor author posts
- Respond to comments/messages & contact the author when needed
- When RH readers ask for recommendations in FB groups, reply to suggest author’s books (only as appropriate / as allowed)
1h/w Canva image creation
- BF & SO group promo images to entice clicks — social media sizes & for my newsletter
- Other images (upcoming sales, new releases, etc.) for newsletter & social media
2-3h/w Content calendar
- Use and update social media and newsletter content planning sheet
- Plan upcoming social media campaigns, copywriting, and images
- Plan upcoming newsletter campaigns and images (author will do most writing)
- Reuse and schedule content across Patreon (1st), newsletter (2nd), blog (3rd), and social media
- Note updates for approval by author
Some monthly tasks
- Record monthly & quarterly milestones: follower counts, review counts, SO link clicks, reader magnet downloads, etc.
- Pull quotes from reader reviews on Amazon (international stores), GR, and BB
- Update profit/loss sheets based on receipts for the month (end of month)
Some infrequent tasks
- Paperback formatting using my Atticus account
- Ebook formatting (various: ARCs, Patreon early release, final files, etc.)
- Add ARCs to SO and BookSprout
- Update MailerLite automations to reflect changes in series
- Tracking and submitting book info to promo sites in advance of price drops
- Add/update A+ content on Amazon
Other Things to Note
***Non-US applicants ONLY!*** I am a citizen of the United States of America, and I want you to help me “think outside the box” when promoting to a worldwide audience. I have made missteps before, and I need a different perspective to my own…
As such, I understand that we may not be working in the same timezone, and that’s okay. I will want frequent updates, but it doesn’t have to be in realtime.
I have many processes in place, but I’m also always open to ideas to improve/streamline our processes together.
I’m always accepting applications, but I may not be in a position to train someone new, depending on my publication schedule.
So, feel free to apply, but also email me at author (.at.) tracilovelot.com to be sure I got your application and find out when I might be able to assign you some trial tasks.
Generally, it’s a 1-3 month trial period before I determine if we fit well together.
Use this Google Form to apply. Tell me what payment you expect, and we’ll discuss.
Depending on the role you take on, I hope you’ll be familiar with:
- Reverse harem genre tropes and romance books more broadly so you can help me write emails and social media posts
- Goodreads (please mention if you are a Librarian!)
- Canva or other image creation software
- Google Drive, Sheets, Docs
- Instagram posts
- Facebook pages, groups, posts
- Organization – you’ll need to follow my folder and file structure, date and file naming conventions, content calendar, planning & tracking system
- ARC = Advance Review Copy (give to readers for free prior to publication)
- WP = WordPress
- BF = BookFunnel, an author service
- SO = StoryOrigin
- FB = Facebook
- GR = Goodreads
- BB = Bookbub
- RH = reverse harem, my subgenre of romance