I’m Traci Lovelot, a paranormal romance / reverse harem author, and I’m looking for a part-time VA or Author’s Assistant based OUTSIDE the USA for roughly 10 hours weekly to start.
Contents of this page
- Why you’d want to work with me
- Tasks (weekly, monthly, infrequent)
- Important Notes
- Timing (application open through Nov 2021, trial period in Dec 2021)
Why work with me
Stability: I can offer you 5 to 15 hours per week for the next YEAR if we work well together
Planning: I’ve got book releases and a content calendar stretching into 2023…
Well-organized: Of course, your brain may not work like mine, but at least there’s a strategy in place! 📂
Calendar-oriented: You’ll never have to guess at my priorities or when I need things done 📅
Not a diva: I don’t need you to kiss the ground I walk on, just haaaalp! 🙏
Low drama: Don’t start none & there won’t be none 😉
Good communicator: I can articulate what I need and how I’ve done it
Open-minded: I’m always trying to improve… It’s part of being an indie author
Thick-skinned: I read my one-star reviews without crying… 🤣 So yeah, I can handle a critique as long as you’re not an ass about it
Partner in crime: With the right person or people, we’ll work together more like a team
Emoji fan: You’ll usually know my mood based on my insane emoji usage 🤩
As our relationship evolves, I hope to publish faster by offloading more tasks to you, giving you even more stability with a long-term client!
Don’t let this list scare you off! Be honest about what you can and can’t do, or what you specialize in. I’ll train you in areas you lack.
Or I may decide to split tasks across multiple assistants (perhaps a more design-oriented person and a more admin-minded person).
In an ideal world, here’s what you’d be able to help with (acronyms below):
3h/w Daily posts to social media (FB groups, Instagram, etc.) as groups allow
- Share BF & SO group promos I’m part of
- Share my WCRC posts (old & new)
- Create and monitor author & WCRC posts
- Respond to comments/messages & contact the author when needed
- When RH readers ask for recommendations in FB groups, reply to suggest author’s books & WCRC collections (only as appropriate / as allowed)
1h/w Canva image creation
- WCRC cover images for WP & in social media sizes (Instagram, FB, Patreon)
- BF & SO group promo images to entice clicks — social media sizes & for my newsletter
- Other images (upcoming sales, new releases, etc.) for newsletter & social media
2-3h/w Content calendar
- Use and update social media and newsletter content planning sheet
- Plan upcoming social media campaigns, copywriting, and images
- Plan upcoming newsletter campaigns and images (author will do most writing)
- Reuse and schedule content across Patreon (1st), newsletter (2nd), blog (3rd), and social media
- Note updates for approval by author
Some monthly tasks
- Record monthly & quarterly milestones: follower counts, review counts, SO link clicks, reader magnet downloads, etc.
- Pull quotes from reader reviews on Amazon (international stores), GR, and BB
- Update profit/loss sheets based on receipts for the month (end of month)
Some infrequent tasks
- Paperback formatting using my Atticus account
- Ebook formatting (various: ARCs, Patreon early release, final files, etc.)
- Add ARCs to SO and BookSprout
- Update MailerLite automations to reflect changes in series
- Tracking and submitting book info to promo sites in advance of price drops
- Add/update A+ content on Amazon
Other Things to Note
***Non-US applicants ONLY!*** I am a citizen of the United States of America, and I want my VA to help me “think outside the box” when promoting to a worldwide audience. I have made missteps before, and I need a different perspective to my own…
As such, I understand that we may not be working in the same timezone, and that’s okay. I will want frequent updates, but it doesn’t have to be in realtime.
I know it will take at least a couple weeks to get up to speed with the way I do things. I have a very methodical process that I want followed to track results over time. However, I am always open to ideas to improve/streamline our processes together.
I will be accepting applications through November 2021 and hope to make a decision in late Nov or early Dec 2021. I may send you some follow-up interview questions in the meantime.
This posting is for a one-month trial in Dec 2021 / Jan 2022. Depending on how things go, we may continue, or I may look for someone new.
Use this Google Form to apply. (Coming November 1st!)
Requires familiarity with
- Reverse harem genre tropes and romance books more broadly so you can help me write emails and social media posts
- Goodreads (please mention if you are a Librarian!)
- Canva or other image creation software
- Google Drive, Sheets, Docs
- Instagram posts
- Facebook pages, groups, posts
- Organization – you’ll need to follow my folder and file structure, date and file naming conventions, content calendar, planning & tracking system
- ARC = Advance Review Copy (give to readers for free prior to publication)
- WCRC = Why Choose? Romance Club (www.whychooseromance.club), a website I maintain in addition to my author website (why-choose.com may make it obsolete… or easier to populate)
- WP = WordPress
- BF = BookFunnel, an author service
- SO = StoryOrigin
- FB = Facebook
- GR = Goodreads
- BB = Bookbub
- RH = reverse harem, my subgenre of romance